One of my favorite parts of blogging is being able to connect with new people. So when my lovely reader Andrea asked for my thoughts on some new additions to her spring wardrobe I was beyond excited; especially when she sent me photos of the pieces in question. exhibit a) sheer, vintage purple blouse with a high lace collar exhibit b) pink suede pencil skirt with exposed zippers
The length of the cropped purple top has made it challenging for Andrea to style and while she’s worn the hot pink pencil skirt with nude heels and a button up Andrea’s looking to dial up the volume and step outside her comfort zone a bit. Keeping both of these challenges in mind here’s what I came up with:
- Express High Waisted Pencil Skirt – simple, chic, and a great way to let the peasant blouse take center stage while keeping your look 9 – 5 appropriate
- Geo Print Pants – a fun and funky way to add interest to your outfit but subtle enough not to over power the sheer blouse
- ASOS Platform Wedges – the subtle color of these wedges means you can wear them with just about anything including sheer purple blouses and floral pants
- Citizens of Humanity Jeans – I loved the idea of tucking the bold purple blouse into these high-waisted skinny jeans for a bold and feminine look
- Wilster Paperbag Shorts – comfortable and chic these short keep the focus on the blouse while making a statement on their own
- Dolce Vita Oxfords – paired with any one of the bottoms listed above these oxfords add a touch of prep school chic to the boho blouse without clashing. I love them with the geo print pants!
- City Classified Heel Flair Sandals – These sandals play off the lace detailing in the blouse and would look chic paired with the floral skinnies, paperbag shorts, or express skirt
Chic Skirt Pairings – I opted for tops with simple patterns and fun details that would stand out while keeping the skirt center stage. I also tossed in a few casual options to give the skirt a bit more versatility
- ModCloth Blouse – Add a ladylike element to the hot pink suede skirt with this pink polka dot bow tie blouse
- Sheer Forever 21 Blouse – Amp up the volume with this oversized sheer blouse that balances out the mini skirt while keeping the look classy, perfect for a night out with the girls
- Striped Seaside Sweater – This nautical inspired sweater is perfect way to make the hot pink skirt brunch appropriate, especially when paired with nude or metallic oxfords
- Nirvana Boat Neck Top – Layered over the hot pink skirt this boat neck tunic offers a more demure look that’s as sexy as it is chic
- Floyd Rocker Tee – A great rock tee can take you places and this Pink Floyd shirt is no exception. Paired with the hot pink skirt this top is blouse-y enough to tuck in or wear over your skirt for a fun, festival or concert look.
Thank you so much to Andrea for allowing me to share her style questions, I had a lot of fun putting this together. Have questions about styling a specific piece in your wardrobe? Not sure what to wear to that upcoming event?!
Drop Me a Line! I’d love to hear from you.
How would you style Andrea’s pink & purple pieces?